7/09/2006

HORROR POETRY BY AC HORN

THE HOUSE

by AC Horn


I was standing in front of the house;
A deserted place with a dangerous past
Vast open shattered windows
And a wooden patio
Gave me the impression
Of a place the lord forgot.
Entering the ramshackle doorway
Made it all the more clear
That everything inside might be queer
At least for my perceiving ear.
No "Wings of Madness"
But a broken spell
Let loose the devils and sprites
Inside a land of broken dreams.
Beneath a rotten human body
On the floor
Is an illuminated mark
That's carved in the plaster floor.
It says whoever will enter this realm
Is condemned of never
Going back wherever you belonged.
So I tear off the corpse's head
And look in the wormy face.
But nothing happens but
The terrible stench of long gone flesh.
As I go further into this darkened zone
I realize that
It might be a well known place
Where I killed my friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home